LSFM aims to promote and maintain high-quality standards
for family doctors who are providing continuing and comprehensive health
care to the public. Other main objectives of the Society are:
- To provide advocacy and leadership for the specialty of family medicine.
- To promote and represent the specialty of family medicine through increasing the
awareness of the Lebanese public and medical community regarding this
- To preserve the right of family doctors to perform procedures
for which they are qualified by training and experience.
- To coordinate and organize scientific and educational activities.
- To collaborate with other national and international scientific societies, governmental
organizations, and non-governmental organizations.
- To promote and maintain high standards of quality, cost-effective health care among practicing
- To promote patient education in an attempt to improve the health status of the public and let them participate in decision
making regarding their health care.
- To provide continuing education for its members.